Before doing your PhD research or before completing your PhD ( before viva), lets answer these questions :
1. What is the topic / discipline of your research area?
2. What is your study about?
3. What made you think that your study is worth doing?
4. What is the main problem / issue are you going to tackle?
5. What is the main debates related to the problem/issue?
6. What is the current debates related to the problem/issue?
7. Generally, what the literature says about the problem / issue?
8. How are you going to tackle the problem / issue?
9. What is the contribution (to the body of knowledge) of your study in your field?
10. What are the main problem statement for your study?
11. What is your expected finding before starting your study?
12. How did you review previous studies?
13. Who is the main authors / experts / leading researcher in the area of your investigation?
14. Can you mention 3 main journals you have reviewed related to your field?
15. Now, can you mention the title of your study
16. What is the ‘novel’ / "original' aspect of your study?
17. What are the variables involved in your study, and why you decided to choose them?
18. Briefly explain the theoretical / conceptual framework underpinnings your study?
19. What is the research design of you study? Why used quantitative not qualitative or not mixed method (or vice versa)
20. What instrument are you going to use – pilot test, validity and reliability?
21. How did you analyse your data?
22. How the statistical analysis used in your study appropriate to answer your research questions?
23. Have you tested all the assumption related to your data?
24. How did you get your sample? If qualitative, what is your sampling technique?
25. How far can you generalise the finding?
26. Can you summarize the main finding of your study?
27. Is there any direct impact in term of the practical implication of the finding?
28. Are you satisfied with the outcome of your study – If not, how could you improve your study / procedure / framework?
29. What aspects of your methodology differ from others?
30. Have you faced any difficulty in conducting your study, and how did you overcome it?
31. What is the best advice or recommendation can you give to the future candidate related to this topic?
32. Can you now consider yourself as an expert in this field? Why?
33. Why do you think that your thesis is achieved the PhD /Master standard / level?
source : Dr. OT
p/s: must answer!
p/s: must answer!